April 11, 2007

"Beware, O people of Baha, lest ye walk in the ways of them whose words differ from their deeds."

I think there are some moments in life that require a moment of silence and reflection. One of those moments happened five minutes ago. The profundity, though, was not due to some existential or esoteric context; instead, I was holding the reality of my decisions in my hands. I was watching Why We Fight which is a movie examining the steady (and at times not so steady) build up of American military technology and infrastructure. There's a section in the beginning of the film when they introduce a few of the major corporations that receive the bulk of defense contracts: Lockheed Martin, Northrup Grumman, Haliburton, KBR, Raytheon, and Boeing, which is no news to me being an aerospace student. At the very instant they transitioned to another segment in the movie, THE very instant, the doorbell rang. It was FedEx delivering my new Boeing company credit card.

1 comment:

Charles/Chuck/Falcon/Chuckles Rose said...

i listen to all kinds of music, music honestly is my passion i could talk and listen to it all day. i'm going to take piano for my last two semesters and i'm really excited about it. i've been on a big classical music kick as of late mostly mozart, some chopinl beethoven, the basics if you will for listening to classical music but i try and stay up on all the new types of music, mainly rock alternative r&b and rap/hip hop. By the way don't know if you knew this but tool is playing at the cotillion on the 11th, if they have tickets left you should get one. it's going to be something to remember.